Monday, November 23, 2009

To Mirth or not to Mirth?



Thanks to Sassy Hong Kong, I am now introduced to the world of high fashion! I am by no means a trendy guy all, but one of its recent posts featured a Man Skirt (or Mirth as they like to call it) from H&M Spring 2010 Collection for Men which captured my attention. I am really not sure if this is a the perfect gift for man who has everything, or if the market (or most guys) are ready for this, but it is certainly interesting to see H&M offering such fashion, perhaps it is the next big thing? Am I brave enough to try it? I don't think I am ready for it or am I? Afterall, the Scottish kilts has been around for a while right? And profile designer like Marc Jacob has been sending them down the runway since Summer 2009! Seriously, I am not a fashion guru and I THINK I am not ready for idea of man skirt or Mirth yet; but being the curious person that I am, I went to H&M to check out the real thing!



Where is the Mirth (aka Man Skirt)?? I cannot find it? I just want to take a look and leave, to satisfy my curiosity!!! All I can see were On Sales items flying all over the places with crowds lining up in front of the cashiers with truck load of clothes. O wait, the Spring 2010 Collection is yet arrive right? They are still off loading the inventories from Winter 2009 right? Ooops, I guess the man skirt and I are not meant to be.



Pic of Mirth from: http://hypebeast.com/2009/11/hm-2010-spring-collection/

6 comments:

Jin said...

i'd give anything to see you in one of these, jason! perhaps on the 29th? hihihi ;) come on!!!

hester @ sassy hong kong said...

Oh no! We will have to make sure we keep an eye on H&M and let you know when they have it in stock - I'm sure you could pull it off!

Unknown said...

i think you need to alter your mirth to be a bit sluttier, they're wayyyy too long :D

Jason said...

@hester: thanks for the encouragement but are you sure H&M Hong Kong will carry it for its Spring 2010 collection? Perhaps Hong Kong is not ready for it yet? HAHA

Jason said...

@Mochachocolata: way too long? how short is short then? LOL

Jason said...

@Jin: little J on my left shoulder says yay & little J on the right shoulder says nay to the Mirth, LOLz

Post a Comment