Monday, November 2, 2009

A Billboard for Halloween ?!?!?!

I took the following three pictures recently at the Discovery Bay (on Halloween actually). If I am correct, It is a billboard commissioned by the Islands District Council in celebration of the 60th birthday of the PRC. I took these pictures of the billboard at a different time of the day: (1) under the sun, (2) evening & (3) night. Take a look before I tell you what I think about it ... it is not going to be pretty I tell ya !

(1) Under the Sun


(2) Evening


(3) Night


The bill board is just PLAIN UGLY !!! Its presence near the pier and bus station destroys the whole peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of Discovery Bay. This is LIGHT POLLUTION! If you tell me the 4 figures standing left and right of the billboard are for Halloween purposes, I might just believe you! Please remove it ASAP !! If a visitor like me is complaining about it, I am sure local residences would start to protest or write a petition for its removal soon right!?????

2 comments:

Greentea00 said...

100% agree...

Judy Lam said...

Totally agree with you! Unfotunately, such billboard is not only present in Discovery Bay. There is something very similar in Tung Chung too!

Post a Comment