Monday, July 26, 2010

Paint

IMG_4594

I am no artist by any standard, I am just someone who started doing Art Jamming recently for fun. After a few sessions, I started to realize how painting and writing can be so similar at times. Ideas and creativity are needed but when I use those two terms, I have no specific definition for them. In other words, I think we should not be bounded by any pre-defined definition of what a good idea is or how to judge a painting. Of course there are some "objective measures" in how to appreciate a piece of work (both writings and paintings) but we should not be fixated within that framework or for a lack of a better word, box. Think of out the box and appreciate art / works the way you like it. Writing what you feel like and painting what you have in mind at that moment. Both writing and painting are ways to express oneself. There is no right or wrong answer, just let yourself go sometimes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment