Monday, February 1, 2010

Things I will never get used to ...



I am usually not the type that would listen to music on the go but recently I notice my new habit of putting on earphones and crank up the music whenever traveling on all types of public transportation in Hong Kong.

After so many years living in Hong Kong, I am still very annoyed and not used to the loudness or outright noise pollution around me. Perhaps it is part of growing that made me very impatient nowadays. Instead of forcing myself to blend into the background noise I now opt to crank up my music and let the noise pollution takes it own course around me.

My recent tug-o-war experience with a stranger on holding the lift door open for a running lady was another common incident and situation I often put myself in. It is a simple gesture that a kid should know but why the heck do people in Hong Kong keep on ignoring??? Is it really that painful to wait for someone? Is it really that important to save the precious few seconds?

4 comments:

KennyT said...

Same sentiments here! You're not alone!

阿ta said...

hmmm... i know wat u mean. yet i hope you still love HK.

Jason said...

@KennyT: yeah, I really don;t want to "space out" while traveling but sometimes I just can't stand the noise!

@ah ta: yeah, I am still enjoying HK as a whole, just some minor ranting every now and then. I am sure no matter where I go, there is always something to complain about right? keke ...

Greentea00 said...

I hate HK. why can't people come to civilization...

maybe i have too much hatred these days from work..sometimes just feel suffocate in hk with the people and environment..

Post a Comment