Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where is the Music in the City?

After having a very full Sunday brunch at Kitchen (W Hotel @ Elements), it was time to walk around for better digestion. Over at one of the main foyer, there was a three men band playing some Jazz Blues. If this band was playing at the brunch location it would be great especially with the New Orleans' theme the restaurant was promoting.



Such performances are really lacking in Hong Kong in my opinion. I am not in the creative industry (maybe I should give it a try) but I do appreciate the occasional musical scene around town, be in malls or street performances. I really do think there should be more of such performances in Hong Kong in general. I stood there for over 15 mins just to enjoy their performances which was wonderful indeed. Music can help you relax, music can even heal your souls and music can be what you want it to be. Before returning to Hong Kong, I never really understand the power of music or how to appreciate it, but overtime as I travel on my life journey, I started to embrace it with all I can because listening to the kind of music I love, it can help me "Put On A Happy Face."

0 comments:

Post a Comment