Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Random Walk around TST

While passing by Ocean Terminal on my way to dinner, realized that there is a floating international book fair on a cruise ship docked at the Terminal. Its name is MV Doulos. With more than 30 mins to kill before dinner, walked on board (with a $10 Fee that is) for a little tour. Apparently it is one of the world's oldest (or THE oldest) active ocean-going passenger ship.



What I really wanted to visit was the bookfair but somehow the designated path makes you walk pass / around the deck before leading you to the fair location. O my, the fair is being held under a tent without any air condition! The area was smaller than what I expected and for those looking for a wide selection of books, I am afraid this is not the place to come. What they do offer is a selection of books in the subjects such as sports, hobbies, cookery, arts, education, children and Christian books. If you are interested in any of those, this would be a nice place to take a walk. However, for book lovers, the location + the lack of air conditioning cause the environment to be very humid and hence might affect the paper quality of the books. Just a note I thought worth mentioning.




Anyhow, on my way out I got the chance to take a picture of a junk across the Victoria Harbour in front of the Convention center while a Ferry was crossing by. the thought of how the old meets the new came to my mind. I know it is kind of lame to say it but hey, that was what in my mind at that moment. After dinner, the sky was very clear and I got to take a very nice night scene of Central with MV DOULOS in it. What is the picture on the right? It is the billboard in front of the 5 Flag Pole / Pier. Have you ever seen it as blank or without any Ads? It was the first time for me and I felt weird seeing a blank billboard at this prime location.

0 comments:

Post a Comment